Art and culture make important contributions to our quality of life, which is why NN Group actively seeks to promote art and culture in a variety of ways. Our goal is to make art more accessible for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Art and culture
We stimulate young creative entrepreneurs. Putting them in touch with our colleagues can create constructive crossovers. Working with cultural partners creates networks and optimises synergies to discuss topics relevant to culture and society in a wide range of contexts. By stimulating activities related to art and design, NN is taking responsibility as a corporate citizen and demonstrating interests, empathy and care.
Art Management NN Group provides a platform for young, talented, creative people and organises temporary exhibitions of contemporary art and design.
- Art collection located in the offices of NN Group (for example ING House, Delftse Poort and Haagse Poort)
- NN Group collection comprises 2,200 artworks
- Multidisciplinary with a focus on contemporary art and design
- History: Nationale-Nederlanden has collected art since it was established in 1963. The collection contains various sub collections, for example Dutch figurative art, New The Hague School and glass art
- The emphasis lies on providing a platform for young talent and developing cultural collaboration programmes, rather than collecting artworks
Organise temporary exhibitions in our offices. Example: ReThink and ReUse at ING House (Amsterdam). Design is everywhere around us and influences every part of our lives. Design is not only about making objects look good, it is also about generating ideas. This exhibition showed sustainable and social design.
Art space NN DE Café (Rotterdam). We work closely with cultural institutions in Rotterdam, such as the Kunsthal, Nederlands Fotomuseum and Willem de Kooning Academy.
Promoting young artists and stimulate cooperation with museums. Example:
Photo exhibition Office Life, Sander van Wettum vs. Phillip Mechanicus, ING House and Gemeente Museum Den Haag (2012)
Workshops at the NN DE Café for
cultural entrepreneurs, with partners like Cultuur-Ondernemen. Putting young creatives in touch
with our colleagues can create
constructive crossovers. The symbolic relationships that can grow will be beneficial
for both sides.